Arlington Energy Limited understands that your privacy is important and are committed to protecting your online privacy. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.arlingtonenergy.co.uk (“our site”) and, subject to limited exceptions, we do not collect personal data about you unless you contact us. Any personal data we do collect will only be used as permitted by guidelines set out in Data Protection Act and General Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What Data Do We Collect?
- Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server.
- If you send us an email, we may collect your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
Any personal data we hold will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we amend or delete it.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority
Cookies are small text files saved to your computer used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the site also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users’ computer. We will use such cookies to identify unique users to the site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up banner requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of our site may not function fully or as intended.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure any data we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.